Monday, February 16, 2015

Did Someone Say "Brunch"?

Frugal Find: Brunch for 4 in Segafredo Brickell [Groupon]


And for the "Low Low"?!

Hello my fellow foodies!

Okay, so, late last year, I came across this wonderful little app called Groupon (Been around for a while, but I never got around to really explore what it had to offer), and my oh my, what a wonderful little excuse to spend money, lol! So, I started to play around with it; looking up different vacation packages, checking out the different items they had at an unbelievably low price, I might add, and browsing through the different "Groupons" each local restaurant was offering. In my, what seemed like endless, scrolling, I came across a Groupon offer for Brunch for 2 or 4 people at Segafredo in Brickell. I was instantly tempted...

Segafredo is this cute little café in Brickell, located on South Miami Avenue, near Mary Brickell Village. Its unique, modern atmosphere is perfect for any occasion: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, even a coffee break. It offers both indoor and outdoor dining. When I went, it was such a beautiful Sunday Morning, I couldn't pass up the perfect Miami breeze, so we sat outside. Our waiter was very helpful in terms of showing us the different items on the menu and even gave us his own personal recommendations (and boy, was he on point!).


The Groupon offer was for Brunch for 2 or 4 people and included the following: 1 appetizer per pair, 1 entrée per person, and... here's the best part: bottomless mimosas. Bottomless champagne?! Oh yeah, and orange juice... but, bottomless champagne?! You don't have to tell me twice! I knew instantaneously who would be the best company for my boozy escapade: three of my girlfriends.

We decided to go with the choices our waiter enlightened us on, and were extremely pleased with our plates. I shared the Cap'n Crunch French Toast with a friend of mine, and my other two friends ordered the Mixed Berries and Yogurt. The french toast was light and fluffy on the inside, sweet and crunchy on the outside, and provided the perfect combination of textures. Not to mention, the sweetness of the maple syrup, combined with the home made whipped cream made for a luscious condiment. I was able to sneak a couple of bites from the yogurt my friends ordered and, coming from someone who isn't much of a fan of fruit and yogurt anything, it was a refreshing start to our entree. The berries were plump and juicy, and when mixed with the delicious Greek yogurt and biscotti topping, it was a match made in flavor heaven. Not too sweet, and just the right amount of tartness from the yogurt. 

I'm actually a tad disappointed in the fact that I don't have a picture of our entrees (Oh, you thought that was our main course? Good heavens, no, lol!) because not only did our Breakfast Skillets arrive ready for their close up, its was honestly the best bite of the afternoon! The Breakfast Skillet is a hash of breakfast potatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms, and spinach, mixed in with thick cut pieces of skirt steak, and shredded mozzarella on top. To finish this almost perfect dish, it's delicately crowned with two eggs (any style, but we all got sunny-side up), and it's accompanied by freshly toasted bread. Can I just talk about the fact that this was such a filling portion?! Never mind the fact that it came in a personal cast iron skillet for you to indulge yourself in, but it was overflowing with savory, breakfast-y goodness! The steak was cooked to perfection, incredibly juicy, and had a nice sear on the exterior. The hash made of the potatoes and vegetables seemed to pair up so well with the thoroughly melted mozzarella, which was the perfect blanket for the pillowy light, starchy component. Now, the eggs. Something I'm a big time critic on, especially if I'm ordering them sunny-side up. I can't stress enough how on point the eggs were! The yolk was cooked to the exact amount of time before it started to seize up and solidify. Perfect for dipping my warm, toasty bread in (If you haven't tried that, you don't know what you're missing!). With each and every forkful, I made sure to get a piece of everything. It was a beautiful symphony. I can't think of a better way to say "Good morning, Brickell".

To the hospitable staff at Segafredo Brickell: Thank you for an outstanding brunch for my girlfriends and I, especially for the price! We appreciate the ability to dine at your restaurant without having to think twice about it. Keep shining through your food and your great service!

Well, my friends, como siempre ('Like always' in Spanish), I'm sending you nothing but love and delicious noms to you and yours!


Exquisitely yours,

Nicky


P.S.: Here's the link to the Groupon for Segafredo Brickell! It's for a limited time only, so get it while it lasts! 

http://www.groupon.com/deals/segafredo-brickell-2

No comments:

Post a Comment