Saturday, September 12, 2015

Oh [Cheeseburger] Baby!

Scrumptious Spotlight: Cheeseburger Baby Food Truck


"It shouldn't take five guys to make a cheeseburger, baby"...

Hey there fellow foodies!

Ouch! I'd say shots definitely fired, huh? I couldn't help but chuckle slightly when I read the back of the staff's shirts at Cheeseburger Baby.

Anyway, it was a very hot and humid night at Artwalk this month, but to my surprise, I wasn't looking for anything cold. I was craving a juicy, perfectly made burger. Of course, perfection is very hard to come by, and that goes for anything in life (yes, including burgers). But, no one said near perfection wasn't attainable, and if they did, send them my way, and I'll show them in the direction of Cheeseburger Baby in SoBe. Now, I know every single person who is a self-proclaimed burger aficionado (like moi) has their own version or take on the perfect burger, but here's my take (why? Because it's my blog, that's why, lol) on what makes a perfect burger:

1. Meat-to-Bun ratio: Needs to be as close to equal as possible! I loathe having to pick off a ton of bread off the side of the burger, or end up wearing the burger, because of the lack of bread.

2. Toppings: Less is more, people! I can't stand when a burger place says they have the best burger, when the meat has to compete with 25 different toppings. Sacrilege.

And finally,
3. Form: It's a burger, not a meatball between two hamburger buns! When making burgers, to prevent the burger patty from forming into a ball instead of staying flat like a normal burger patty should, press your thumb in the middle of the patty once you've weighed it and formed it into a 'hockey puck' shape. By leaving that indentation in the middle, it prevents from steam getting trapped in the middle of the burger and allows the patty to cook evenly and remain flat.


Did Cheeseburger Baby deliver, you ask? Well...

There's a reason why they've been the oldest and most popular dive on South Beach! Since 2004, CBB (as known by the locals) has been perfecting the art of the burger and has had hundreds of thousands of visitors ever since. I must say, their smartest move by far has been opening up the Cheeseburger Baby food truck. Delicious South Beach burgers, on the go?! Sign me up! So, we approached the truck just as it was about to start closing up shop for the night, and the heavens opened up when they said I was still in time to order a burger. Of course, I am definitely a lover of a fried egg on my burger (don't knock it 'til you try it!), so I chose the Baby's Fave burger. It's an angus beef patty topped with crispy bacon, melted cheddar cheese, a fried egg, and their hand cut pickles. I can honestly say, whoever baby is, will have to fight me for this burger, because it's MY fave, now! Not only did this burger deliver, it also met my criteria for a great burger. It passed the trifecta, so to speak, lol. The brininess of the diced pickles with the unctuousness from the perfectly fried egg and the crispy bacon were such a great compliment to the melty cheese, unfolding on top of the star of the show: (you guessed it) the beef. Seasoned just right, and seared on a hot, greasy griddle, creating that crunchy top layer of the burger, was so delicious, I couldn't help but lick my fingers when I was done.

To the cool kids at Cheeseburger Baby, thank you, thank you, a thousand times, thank you! You guys definitely know how to, not only make a burger, but assemble it and dress it just right. It took a long time for me to finally enjoy Baby's Fave, and I am pleased to say, I look forward to enjoying it for years to come!

As I turn in for the night, I am leaving you all with nothing but love and delicious noms to all you burger lovers out there!...all my lovely foodies, of course.


Exquisitely yours, 

Nicky

No comments:

Post a Comment