Sunday, February 15, 2015

Art Walk, Part One: Cheese Louise!

Scrumptious Spotlight: Crazydilla Food Truck




A modern twist on Quesadillas… on wheels!

Good evening, fellow foodies!

I hope everyone has had a great Valentine's Day weekend. I was lucky enough to attend this month's Art Walk in Wynwood, Miami's Art District. It was my first time ever going to an Art Walk in the Wynwood community and all I could think of was "Why didn't I come sooner"?! I've been to Wynwood plenty of times, but never for an Art Walk. 

As I walked through open galleries, admired all types of art, sculptures, and murals, I was suddenly distracted by a very distinct smell: Grease and gasoline. I immediately knew that could mean one thing: Food Trucks! There's something about food that comes out of, what looks like, a huge, colorful, metal cube on wheels that just makes my mouth water. In the typical Toucan Sam fashion, I followed my nose, lol. It led me to a food truck covered in caution tape, that went by the name Crazydilla. Their claim to fame is their Cuban Quesadilla, which is a tortilla filled with the usual suspects in a traditional Cuban sandwich. Being Cuban American and knowing a good 'Cubano' when I see it, that was first on my list to try. Just as I figured (But, deep down, hoped for the opposite), they sold out of the Cuban Quesadilla within hours of being at Art Walk. So, I went with a recommendation of a friend of mine: The Buffalo Quesadilla, which is a tortilla with Buffalo Ranch Chicken Breast, Crushed Chips, Mozzarella Cheese, and served alongside a Ranch dipping sauce. 

The Buffalo delivered! The chicken was cooked just right and had that buffalo wing flavor we all love at football games accompanied by an ice cold beer. If you ask me, I didn't miss the wings much with this quesadilla, lol. The crushed chips was actually a surprising wow factor! I liked the texture it brought to the soft tortilla, the melty cheese, and the tender chicken. It provided a much needed crunch. My biggest compliment to the Buffalo is honestly, the Mozzarella. I love quesadillas because they're extremely portable and the flavor combinations are endless. I've had quesadillas from countless places and very few have delivered that one factor that makes a quesadilla so great… and that, my friends, is the cheese's Stretch Factor. If I'm eating a quesadilla, I need to be able to pull two pieces in half and see the ooey, gooey cheese slowly start to thin out as I pull both ends apart. That ensures me that the cheese is, not only melted to perfection, but is also holding all the ingredients in place inside the tortilla. It's quite disheartening to pick up a slice of deliciousness and have it all fall out onto your plate, leaving you with no choice but to use a fork (or your fingers, if you like that sort of thing, lol). I ate every last, filling bite, and was left very satisfied. 

I definitely would have liked to try the Cuban Quesadilla, seeing as though it's their best seller, but I can honestly say I was definitely pleased with my choice. To the guys at Crazydilla, keep doing what you do! The world needs more inventive beings such as yourselves! Great job, gentlemen!

As always, my friends, I wish you nothing but love and delicious noms from me to you. Happy eating!


Exquisitely yours, 

Nicky

No comments:

Post a Comment